1. Kitchen Aid Mixer . This mixer is a work horse in the kitchen and it would be an amazing gift for any home cook. I have had mine for over 25 years and cannot imagine my kitchen counter without my trusty mixer. She is like an old friend, with her iconic design availablle in several fabulous colors.... How sweet is this one in Cherry Red?!
If you know your friend already has a Kitchen Aid Mixer, you can always gift a few attachments, I have my eye on the clear glass bowl which btw is on the top of my wish list this year! Family...... HINT HINT!
2. Le Creuset Enameled Dutch Oven 7 1/4 quart This is one of my all time favorite pots! Mine is white and lives in my AGA oven since I use it almost daily! I have literally made hundreds of soups, stews and stocks in this pot. I LOVE IT! Heirloom pot. Worth the investment. AMAZING gift! Again available in several stylish colors!
3. Vitamix 5200 Blender 64 oz. This was on my daughters Christmas List years ago and I can honestly say it was a gift that serves our whole family. We are a healthy smoothy family and hands down this is the best one on the market. Easy to use and easy to clean.
I love this company from the beautiful state of Vermont, I have a collection of their cutting boards and I have several hanging on a hook in my kitchen. I just love the look of the boards in various woods and sizes they truly are too pretty to stow away! I use them daily prepping a meal and many times will use them to serve the meal or a cheese course.... In my mind they are indispensible in the kitchen!
I use this tool every day! It is an amazing zester and nutmeg grater. A great and easy gift idea is to wrap it up with some organic whole nutmeg and a big red bow! Trust me this will be a hit!
This is another work horse! Years ago we started grating all our cheese and have never looked back, it is 1000 times better and I know you will love this box grater, it is sturdy and has a durable plastic catch for easy clean up. I would wrap this up with a block of Belgium dark chocolate, a thoughtful and sweet present.
I love my immersion blender. So easy to use and great for soups and making baby food. This would be a very thoughtful gift for a new mom or anyone who loves to stove top cook!
8. Silcone Rubber Spatulas. You can never have enough of these, heat resistant, they work great for all types of cooking, I would wrap them up with some yummy chocolate chips and a hand written cookie recipe!
My Favorite Cookie recipe:
Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookie By Martha Bakes
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout. Cookie dough can be refrigerated, covered, overnight, if desired.
- Using a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden around the edges, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: Makes 24 cookies
Made in America,. This iconic classic is a go to pan in our home. From stove top to oven, a well seasoned cast iron skillet will last you a lifetime. A nice idea would be to wrap the skillet up with some Real Vermont Maple Syrup and buttermilk pancake mix! How cozy!!
I have never been a paper towel person. I love my dishtowels. This is a great gift for the home cook a set of classic colors wrap them up with some Lavender Myers Dish Soap and maybe the Silcone Spatulas. This gift will be much appreciated and used daily!
I would love to hear from you if these ideas ideas inspired you this Holiday Season! Next week I will writing about a new project and my favorite cook books. Cheers!
(Each product below has been independently selected by KMD. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.)